Join Europubhealth+ as a visiting professor !
At the end of each academic year in June-July, the consortium invites international visiting professors to join the teaching team of the Europubhealth+ integration module at the EHESP School of Public Health in Rennes (France). Selected professors are awarded an EU Erasmus Mundus grant (1,200€/week) to cover the costs of their 4-week participation in the programme, entitled "Building innovative and sustainable solutions to global health challenges".
By joining Europubhealth+, visiting professors get to:
- share their experience through lectures and tutoring of a diverse group of international students
- compare their vision of public health teaching with Europubhealth+ practices and bring new ideas to the Consortium
- enlarge their professional network to collaborate on new projects in their public health areas of interest
Previous Erasmus Mundus visiting professors
Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, Director,…
Bioethicist, and Associate Professor of Public Health, at the University…
Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the University College Dublin, School of Public…
Medical doctor, epidemiologist, and public health expert. He is a…
Apply as a visiting professor
In order to apply for a 4-week teaching position in the Europubhealth+ Master programme, visiting professors must demonstrate:
- High-level academic background (PhD preferred) and expertise in a public health related field
- A five-year experience in Education/Research
- International experience (eg. teaching abroad, transnational research projects...)
- English Language proficiency (C1 level of the CEFR table)
- Intercultural adaptability to teach an international group of students with innovative teaching methods
- Interest in long-term collaboration with the partner institutions of the Europubhealth+ consortium (preferred).
Interested candidates may send their application BY EMAIL to europubhealth [at] ehesp.fr, with the following supporting documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae (including nationality and current place of residence) and a list of publications
- A Motivation letter explaining in details the reasons for applying for the Europubhealth+ Master programme and possible contributions to the academic programme of the integration module.
Applications are evaluated by the Europubhealth+ Selection Committee. The Selection Committee is composed of representatives of all 8 consortium member institutions.
Applications for the 4 teaching positions available for 2023 edition (ie. from 12. June to 7. July 2023) are open until 7. June 2022.
Applications results will be released in July 2022. Please note that you may also submit an application as of now for 2024 teaching positions.
Testimonies of former visiting professors at the Integration Modules in Rennes
“I am very satisfied and grateful for the valuable experience I have had thanks to this program. First of all I had a learning methodology like PBL that I incorporated into my teaching practice and that of our Institute.
I express my pleasant satisfaction for the training that the students, both the first year and the second, received in the stages done in the various universities that make up Europubhealth. This initiative must be recognized because thanks to it, professionals in public health are being trained who will undoubtedly be leaders in the conduct of the same with a high degree of social sensitivity. The human experience that they experienced in the exchange with diverse actors and cultures is highly formative and it gives them an imprinting that will remain on them for life.
I am very grateful for the opportunity provided and I express my recommendation that this program continue and expand given the importance it has in the formation of our future leaders in public health.”
“In the years to come, I will look back fondly on my participation in the Europubhealth integration module this past month. William and colleagues, you are to be commended for the thought that has gone into developing this module. I am also struck by the care and concern of the faculty and staff both for the students, for one another, and for the visiting professors.
It has been wonderful to get to know all of you over the past 3 weeks. I have come to appreciate the many-stories that make up the lives of the students, faculty, and staff I have come to know. I have also been extremely impressed with the dedication of the Europubhealth students and the care and mutual support that you have for one another. You are truly developing life-long friendships. I look forward to hearing your stories in upcoming years of the innovative and imaginative things that you will be doing in your careers.
“I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to come to Rennes and to have been associated as a visiting scholar in Europubhealth. I enjoyed the interaction with students and staff and the opportunity to be on campus for an extended period of time. The two weeks I spent at EHESP allows for a better and deeper connection to colleagues.”
“From myself as one of the visiting professors, I think the module is a well-integrated module as:
- It facilitated learning of both 1st and 2nd year students to work together
- The topics are diverse covering a quite wide range of disciplines that allowed students to see a problem from different perspectives
- It involved both academics and practitioners to convey theory and practice which have been believed to greatly contribute to competencies of students after the module
- Teaching teams worked closely together to support teaching and maximize students’ learning ”