Europubhealth Students and Alumni Association (EPHSA)
EPHSA was established in summer 2013. It is led by a Board consisting of four student representatives, four alumni representatives and one Erasmus Mundus Association (EMA) representative. The Board strives to achieve the EPHSA mission to build and strengthen personal and professional relationships among alumni, current and incoming students, and partner universities of the Europubhealth+ Consortium.
EPHSA aims to facilitate communication and networking between current students and alumni, to provide all members with a platform to share employment and internship opportunities, student experiences during the EPH programme, and much more. During the recent challenging pandemic situation, EPHSA has also endeavoured to provide support and advocacy for members.
The objectives of EPHSA are:
● Creating a network to share career experiences, knowledge, and opportunities such as projects, job openings and internships
● Creating a network to exchange advice regarding visas, accommodation and student life in different countries and universities
● Collaborating with the EPH Consortium to promote the Master
● Representing EPH students and alumni within the EPH Consortium
● Representing EPH students and alumni within the Erasmus Mundus Association (EMA)
How to be involved:
Alumni and enrolled Europubhealth+ students are automatically members of EPHSA. All members are encouraged to:
- Join the Facebook group for news and updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ephsa/
- Join the LinkedIn group for academic and professional updates, and for employment/internship opportunities: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8839296/
- Contact the EPHSA Board members with ideas, suggestions, feedback and concerns about anything to do with the EPH programme and community
- Update the EPHSA community about your news and achievements through social media platforms
- Look out for upcoming Board elections, either to run for a Board position, or to support others through voting
The EPHSA Board can also be contacted at: ephsanetwork[at]gmail.com.
And (for everyone) to stay updated about ongoing activities, follow EPHSA on Twitter! https://twitter.com/EPHSAnetwork
EPHSA Board members 2021-2022
- President: Jordan Hammond (Granada-Maastricht, 2020-2022)
- Student Experience Officer: Alejandro Rojas-Chaves (Dublin-Paris, 2020-2022)
- Internal Affair Officer: Heiko Schmengler (Sheffield-Paris, 2016-2018)
- Alumni Experience Officer: Noémie Levy (Sheffield-Paris, 2018-2020)
- External Affairs Officer: Mashkur Abdulhamid Isa (Sheffield-Krakow, 2020-2022)
- Recent Grad Rep: Cynthia Apfelbaum (Sheffield-Granada, 2019-2021)
- Year 2 Reps: Yanina Borzykh (Sheffield-Paris, 2020-2022) and Royina Saha (Sheffield-Maastricht, 2020-2022)
- Year 1 Reps: Sandra Phiri (Dublin-Paris, 2021-2023) and Gabrielle Giroux (Granada-Rennes, 2021-2023)
Erasmus Mundus Association (EMA)
EMA was established in 2006 at the initiative of the Directorate General for Education and Culture of the European Commission. The Association was driven by the Erasmus Mundus students from the very start developing into a dynamic and democratic organisation. EMA serves as channel of communication for students, alumni, universities and the European Commission. EMA members are ambassadors of the Erasmus Mundus and now Erasmus + programmes. They share the idea of international education and spread the message around the world.
EMA offers an international professional and personal network for Erasmus Mundus/Erasmus+ students and graduates. Its members can join its professional networks and service teams to network and become active within the Association. Europubhealth+ students and Alumni are welcome to join EMA anytime.
Europubhealth+ prospective students can also contact the Europubhealth+ programme representative elected every year.