Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Describe national and European regulatory programs, guidelines and authorities that control environmental health issues
- Describe the effects of major environmental and occupational agents, explain the general mechanisms of toxicity and describe factors that affect susceptibility to adverse health outcomes following exposure to environmental hazards.
- Apply environmental risk assessment methods and specify approaches for assessing, preventing and controlling environmental hazards that pose risks to human health and safety.
Compulsory modules (30 ECTS)
- Upgrading Biostatistics (not credited)
- Environmental and occupational health sciences Pre-requisite (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Environmental and occupational health sciences (3 ECTS)
Hazardous Chemicals: health risks from production to uses: an international perspective (3 ECTS)
Global Environmental Changes and Introduction to Planetary Health (3 ECTS)
Advanced Planetary Health (3 ECTS)
Impact assessment in environmental health (3 ECTS)
Critical windows of exposures and vulnerability (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core module – Epidemiology (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Core curriculum – Information sciences and biostatistics (3 ECTS)
- Evaluation of public health programmes (3 ECTS)
- SUPRA OPTIONAL. Cross-disciplinary Module: Global and International Health, Spatial Statistical analysis, Integrated Module of Public Health, Advanced cores modules in Social & Behavioural Sciences, Advanced cores modules Management & Health policy Sciences (not credited)
Dissertation and internship (27 ECTS)
More information on the EHESP website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.