Teaching language : English
Important notice: Please note that the availability of the option of studying the 1st year foundation course of the Europubhealth+ programme at the University of Sheffield is still pending on the conditions of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union (“Brexit”). Should this option become unavailable, selected students may be offered the possibility to study the 1st year foundation course in English at the University College Dublin (Ireland).
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the acquisition or update of multi-disciplinary public health knowledge and skills relevant to their professional practice;
- Understand and apply public health specialist knowledge critically and creatively to clinical and/or professional practice in public health;
- Critically evaluate the knowledge base in each module content areas, and integrate understanding from different modules to enhance own and/or others’ professional practice;
- Demonstrate transferable study skills appropriate to postgraduate level studies.
- Key Issues to Global Public Health
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Introduction to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
Elective modules (4 optional modules to be chosen from the following list)
- Epidemiology (Strongly recommended)
- Promoting Evidence Based Healthcare
- Communicable Disease Control
- Disaster and Emergency Management
- Health Care Financing and Economic Evaluation
- Health Promotion
- Public Health Informatics
- Sociology of Public Health
- Systematic Reviews and Critical Appraisal Techniques
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
More information on ScHARR website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.