Teaching language : English
By the end of the year, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the acquisition or update of multi-disciplinary public health knowledge and skills relevant to their professional practice;
- Understand and apply public health specialist knowledge critically and creatively to clinical and/or professional practice in public health;
- Critically evaluate the knowledge base in each module content areas, and integrate understanding from different modules to enhance own and/or others’ professional practice;
- Demonstrate transferable study skills appropriate to postgraduate level studies.
- Key Issues in Global Public Health
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Introduction to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
Elective modules (3 optional modules to be chosen from the following list)
- Promoting Evidence Based Healthcare
- Communicable Disease Control
- Disaster and Emergency Management
- Health Care Financing and Economic Evaluation
- Health Promotion
- Public Health Informatics
- Sociology of Public Health
- Systematic Reviews and Critical Appraisal Techniques
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
More information on ScHARR website.
N.B.: Minor changes may occur in the detailed programme from one intake to another.